Sunday, April 29, 2007
The man of the moment as we end the month of April is George Tenent who recievd 4 million in Advance for his new book Center of the Storm.
I covered the New York Times Book review in the last post. Here are two short videos that cover the reaction to the book (below).
The MUST SEE is Tenents 60 Minute interview which you can see here over at Crooks & Lyers : http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/04/29/george-tenet-breaks-his-silence/
These other two videos really give such a biased view of this man that when you see him explaining himself it is quiet awakening. He makes his dedication to `his officers' quite plain. He admits mistakes and tries to rationalize what occured from his perspective. He is frighteninglly annimated in this confrontational interview.
How he sees the chain of events.
1. CIA knew about Bin Laden and were activelly trying to attack where he belived Bin Laden was based both during the Clinton Administration and the Bush administration.
2. Bush gave him thge OK to attack Aphganistan. The first US war lead by the CIA- wehich he feels was successful.
3. Bin Laden Escaped.
4> Desperate times called for desperate measures ( why we tortured people)
5. Richard Perle was the first one he heard blame Iraq for 9/11.
6. There was very little debate aboutr attcaking Iraq.
7. Tenent and the CIA knew that Saddamm didnt have nukes and let it be known, and stopped the comment from being used in two Presidential speaches.
8. Tennet did not read (as he should have the President's State of the Union adress- but passed that task down to flunkiew who did not catch the misstatement.
9. The CIA made an educated guess about the Chemical weapons- and they were wrong. Sorry. (Especially to Collin Powell).
10 Joe Wilson wrote his famous editorial about there being no Uranium coming from Africa- and the White House attacked the CIA by outing Wilson's wife Vallery Plame. That was wrong and inexcusable.
11. The bad guys were Condelica Rice and Dick Cheney.
1.. Someone mis-quoted Tenent on the `slam dunk statement" as a set up to Bob Woodward.
13. Bush gave him the meddle of Freedom because of the CIA's work in Afghanistan and not Iraq, and he did question whether or not to take it.
BELOW IS A NEWS VIDEO THAT COVERS THE 60 MINUTE EPISODE - BUT IT IS NOT THE EPISODE)
Keith Olberman interviews Larry Johnson regarding George Tenet's new book, At the Center of the Storm. Covers the White House response to his book. And, interestingly covers Democrat Senator Dick Durben's complicit role as a member of the intelligence committee hiding the truth at the time (because the truth was secret) and then proudly boasting he- who knew more facts than others- voted against the war.